Monday 2 March 2015

An Influential Event

I was never a sport fan, but to my surprise, Japanese high school baseball game had shaped my character and influenced my perspective.

Years ago from a comics book, that was where I first encountered Japanese high school baseball. It appeared strange to me that the story characters were so obsessed with baseball. Curiosity drove me to discover more about it. I searched for the rules of the game; watched a couple of previous years games; followed some famous high school players. By the time I realised why the Japanese are so much into baseball, I was considered one of them too.

Baseball is highly competitive among high schools. Players usually started their training from a very young age. By knowing how much hard work they needed to put in, in order to fulfill their dream of representing their school to play in Koshien Stadium (Japanese National High School Stadium), really motivates me.

It encourages me to put in extra effort in everything I do, and never give up to achieve my goals. It also changed my way of seeing things. Competition to me is no longer about winning or losing. It is about the bond between team mates and the support from family and friends. I really hope one day such characteristics can lead me to my own Koshien. 

4 comments:

  1. 1. This event is easy to relate to as I have heard of Japanese manga's centered about baseball, as well as watched various Japanese anime which is essentially based on Japanese comic books.

    2. This post strikes me as one written with heart. After being introduced to Japanese baseball culture, you were so inspired by this that it has shaped some of your values and outlook of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a.What do you think about the event described?
    I think baseball is not a event.... Maybe it is better if you focus on describing one match
    b. Does this post strike you as having been written “with heart” or not? How can you justify your answer. Explain in your feedback.
    Yes. The last paragraph was written with heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post. Ye Chen is right, technically. You haven't described an event, but Japanese baseball could be considered something that has influenced you. I really appreciate it when you styate that you're working toward your own Koshien.

    Gambattte!

    ReplyDelete